Back-to-school parties can be lots of fun. They are a time to celebrate the end of summer and the start of a new year. They can also be a time to reconnect with old friends that have moved away or make new friends that you will get to know over the next few months.
1) Decide on what type of party you want – this might depend on how old your child is, and whether they are going into elementary school, middle school, or high school. For example, if they are going into elementary school, you might want to invite only their classmates and their parents. If they are going into middle school, you might want to include their teachers and parents. If they are going into high school, you can invite anyone – this party is typically more formal.
2) Invite your guests! You may not be able to invite every single person on your contact list but try to get as many people as possible (it would be helpful if they have the address of your party on file).
3) Figure out what you will serve – depending on how formal or casual your party is, you might want to serve something like a light finger food (mini tacos, appetizers, etc), a full meal (slow-cooked pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and boiled potatoes), or both (mini tacos with grilled chicken and side salad). You can also have guests bring their own food if they are unable to make it!
4) Figure out what type of beverage you want your guests to drink. This can be a simple punch or a complicated mix of juices and sodas, as well as beer, wine, champagne, and other alcoholic beverages (depending on the taste preferences of your guests).
5) Get some decorations! You can get things like paper lanterns, streamers, and paper plates from a party store or make your own centerpiece with flowers, candles, and straws.
6) All that’s left to do is have fun!